Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My MacBook - Battery Maintenance

The battery calibration for my MacBook was achieved via these steps:

  1. Plugged in the power adapter and fully charged my battery until the LED on the power adapter plug changed to green and the onscreen meter in the menu bar showed "charged."
  2. Used my MacBook while the adapter was plugged in for a couple of hours.
  3. Disconnected the power adapter while my MacBook was still on and worked on battery power until the battery got low, and the low battery warning dialog appeared on screen.
  4. Saved my work but went on "using" my MacBook until it automatically went to sleep.
  5. Turned off the MacBook (I could also have allowed it to sleep) for a minimum of five hours.
  6. Connected the power adapter and used my MacBook until the battery was fully charged again.
Hope this helps others maintain their batteries for a long, trouble-free life!

No comments: