Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bullying - superstore style

Today (May 29, 2011 -- 08.45 a.m), we decided to buy groceries from a new store, for a change.

Bad idea!

There was no place at all to park, except next door under a tiny tree -- and that too after requesting the security guard's permission.

Next thing I knew, I heard an ear-splitting honk-honk from behind which made my heart race and my BP go up a few points! I looked around and it turned out to be a delivery van for the aforesaid superstore. The driver, in most rude terms, told me to move away as he needed to park there in order to deliver some stuff. I naturally refused, as I was waiting for my wife who was a paying customer within the "superstore"!

He then threatened to call the manager, and promptly did when I refused to budge. When the manager came out to add his two-bits to that of the driver's, I continued to stand my ground because I knew I was in the right. I was parked away from the store and nobody from the store had any right to make me move.

The driver then moved his van dangerously close to my little two-wheeler, (see pic) ...

... and my heart-rate and BP went up a few notches more! All this is not good for me as I am already on heart medication. (A closer look at how close the van came to my two-wheeler can be seen in the pic below. Thank goodness I was not sitting on it at the time, as my foot or something might have been injured!)

What's more surprising, (though why I can't tell you) is that the loaders were more polite! It is a very poor reflection on where our society's going when the so-called uneducated class has more manners than the so-called educated!

Well I for one have come to a decision. Neither I nor any member of my family (and I'm requesting via this post all members of my extended family and my friends to support me in this) will never ever buy another product made by this brand. Nor will we ever visit the "superstore" again for anything!

Childish? May be. But any store that unjustly takes the side of its errant delivery boys will be boycotted by me every time!

No comments: