Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Apple's Lion and iOS5

Well I'm back after a month! Went holidaying for a bit and lazed for the rest. :) Hope I'll be able to keep this going now ...

Apple has promised its new Operating System -- Lion -- "in July" priced at just under $30! I registered on their website to be notified when the update is ready and intend to be one of the first to get it! From what I've seen of the Keynote videos and other "hands-on" blogs from some developers, it is awesome! (Wish I had a multi-touch trackpad on my oldish MacBook so that I can better enjoy the swipes and pinches which make Lion such an enjoyable experience!) Windows 8, too, has a few nifty multi-touch gestures built into it but nothing in my opinion to touch the king of the jungle!

Another upgrade promised "in the fall" by Apple is their new iOS5. As I'm primarily interested only in the iPhone 4 upgrade, I'll confine myself to that. Here, too, multi-touch gestures have been built into the OS and this, together with a new notification system and over 200 other tweaks, make iOS5 very, very desirable indeed. I've registered to be notified of this too and can't wait for it to happen!

Will write more when I finally upgrade both my MacBook and my iPhone 4. (Even toying with the idea of buying a new Mac with a multi-touch trackpad and the new Thunderbolt I/O port, just so I'll enjoy the Lion experience better!)

No comments: