Friday, July 22, 2011

Worrying ...

I was riding my lil ole 2-wheeler home from the office last evening when it showed signs of beginning to rain (dark clouds, slightly cooler Chennai warmth, a few ice-cold drops ...)

Fortunately I had a rain-jacket in my backpack along with my laptop, backup external hard-drive, cell-phones, screwdriver kit, thumb-drives, camera cards, etc .... So I stopped, unzipped the right compartment and took out my rain-jacket. Had just struggled into it (while waiting for an interminable red-light to change), when the light actually became amber!

I quickly finished putting on my jacket, slung my backpack on and congratulated myself that I'd managed to do all that just as the light changed to green.

Sure enough, the rain came down pretty heavily and continued all the way home.



Short-story: I made it home without much else happening -- besides the incessant honking, lane-cutting, zipping past "educated" drivers (both 2 and 4-wheelers) and the first thing I noticed was ... yeah, I had forgotten to zip up my backpack!!!

Again, fortunately, all my stuff was well-protected in plastic covering (you see, I'm a veteran 2-wheeler driver in Chennai, where the monsoons have to be experienced to be believed) and thankfully they all still work!

What's worrying is that up to just 6 months ago, I would never have forgotten to zip up! Age catching up???

No comments: