Friday, November 14, 2014

Apple Seeds Safari Betas Too

Yesterday I wrote here that Apple had updated Thunderbolt Display firmware 1.2. Apparently, according to many tech websites, including Apple Insider, that was not all. Apple Insider note here that Apple had at the same time also seeded new Safari builds for developers for Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion as well.

Intriguing to me.

Well anyway, I decided to update my Thunderbolt Display firmware and headed over to the Apple Support pages, from where I could download the dmg file.

Of course, I first checked whether my MBP was compatible and whether I did indeed have the requisite Thunderbolt Display port on my machine.

Having done so, I initiated the download, which went smoothly and very quickly, in no time at all landing up in my Downloads folder.

I double-clicked the dmg file and again double-clicked the pkg file it contained. But, as I don't currently have a Thunderbolt Display attached, the software alerted me and I closed on out.

I wonder whether I'm being too dumb here, but perhaps Apple's Support page should have told me (along with the machine requirements) that I needed to have a Thunderbolt Display attached. This would have, possibly, saved me some download time and bandwidth.

Anyway, I hope this helps somebody who may have also read about the update and, like me, decided to go ahead and download it, even though the whole requirements were not met.

No comments: