Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Email: For Better Or ... er ... Verse

Just today (Nov 19) I signed up for IBM's new email offering -- Verse. By all accounts (pun intended), Verse should combine the cloud, social networking, analytics and a fresh new design, intending to transform our outlook to mail (puns intended here too.) IBM's overview asks us to "Imagine email that works for you instead of email that makes you work..." and goes on to claim, "Guided by analytics, IBM Verse learns your behaviors to adapt to the way you work, wherever you work. And because it's built for business, it understands you have special security and privacy needs, too."

It is also rumored that IBM Verse gives us a glimmer of what may come from IBM's much-hyped announcement earlier, of a tie-up with Apple.

Carolyn Pampino, Design Director for IBM’s Enterprise Social Solutions indicates that they "...are certainly talking with Apple around this and setting up some meetings to work with them on this particular app."

So, having signed up, I received a quick 'Welcome' email acknowledgement from the IBM Verse Team, confirming receipt of my sign-up. For the discerning readers of this post, it will be evident that I've used Apple's Mail client to download this particular email. Yes, as I briefly stated here, I still use Mail, Outlook and Web clients to check my quite voluminous email, having evolved a comfortable way to keep myself organized to a certain extent. (More on this, perhaps, in a future post...)

Meanwhile...

If you need to contact me
Sit down; Sway on; converse.
It mayn't be always Mail you use...
Your Outlook could be Verse.



No comments: